Tuesday, March 03, 2009

matt

Matt
originally uploaded by billaday.

Ilearackedonryinhowitmorsurmosofmyshotwithhisenswilltaybttdoesn'teedo
Year 3, Day 70

Matt Maher rocked out. My buddy Francis knows Matt well, and got us in for free. Turns out, it was a free concert.

I'm most excited/proud of this photo because it's a big step forward for me as a photographer. Typically, I'll bring my small point-and-shoot camera with me to events like this, and try to get a good shot from where I happen to be. At this concert, I brought my D70s and SB800. Towards the end of the concert, I walked up to the stage, and snapped a bunch of pictures. Sure, I was supposed to stay in my seat, but I wanted good photos. And, sure enough, nobody stopped me or made me leave. Yeah me.

Year 3, Day 83

No comments: