Friday, June 06, 2008

Retirement


Retirement, originally uploaded by billaday.

Susan (in the Dodgers jersey) is retiring. Here's a shot from her party with all the other kinder teachers.

Photoshop can be an ugly word for some; I Photoshopped this one to get more balanced levels... there was really bright sunlight, so most of the photos from this event that everyone took were way washed out and had harsh shadows. I convinced them to stand in a shadow to get rid of the 5 o'clock shadows. Then, in Photoshop, I duplicated the layer and changed the layer property to Screen. That basically brightened up the dark parts. I rinsed and repeated, and then masked out the sky so it looked blue instead of white. It's a simple photo, yes, but I'm proud of the results I got out of my little pocked SD800.

Oh yeah, and I am taking Susan's spot as the afternoon kinder teacher. Big shoes to fill...

Day 179

No comments: