Monday, September 24, 2007

the edge of the house thing

the edge of the house thing, originally uploaded by billaday.

What is this part of the house called? I don't know, but I do know that the light (and shadow) on it is pretty nice during sunset.


Jason said...

That's an eave dude.

Anonymous said...

No, it's called a "soffit". (I sell vented soffit wraps to people that want to enclose that area (to prevent bugs from getting up into their attics, while still allowing ventilation.) Anyway, that area is called your soffit (or soffitt) and those are your rafter-tails coming down under your roof.