Thursday, February 21, 2008

Dried and True


Dried and True, originally uploaded by billaday.

I went to a 4 hour long seminar on assessing students tonight (after 9 hours of teaching, btw). The presenter Dr. Albert Jones was amazing. He got me thinking about guitar and photography a lot. There was one thing that resonated strongly with me:

"There is value in the process."

It's not about the final product, or "why", or if it's good, or better. It's about doing it. So, that means that each photo I take for my photo-a-day is no longer about getting better each and every day. My favorite photo I've taken is 10 months old. It's no longer about why I'm taking the picture. I took 300 shots of an intersection in Whittier simply because I like to. People driving by didn't get that. But now I do.

Day 73

No comments: